Tuesday, June 24, 2008

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies;
For the love which from our birth,
Over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child;
Friends on Earth and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For Thy church that evermore
Lifteth holy hands above
Offering up on every shore
Perfect sacrifice of love

Lord of all to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Is that your pic? It's wonderful!

deb

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks, it is my picture.  I have it set as wallpaper on my computer and it looks great.  It's hard to believe I took the picture LOL.  I like to look at clouds to see what they can be formed into and this picture is no exception.  I see a peace symbol in the middle.  Look carefully and maybe you will see it too.

Anonymous said...

I love your poem.  

The forestry commission came and got the alligator. I am not sure where they had taken him.

Yes, We are eventually making progress on unpacking wise and stuff. My husband is having to build us a storage shed right now, because the stuff that came out of our room and stuff, except my plastic canvas stuff is going to be put in there and unpacked later. We are fixing to be remodeling our bedroom. So we are going to wait on that stuff.

I am still young, but I will do anything for those grandbabies. They are my husband's kids children...and two of them had the grandbabies.

I have added you to my list and my alerts if that is okay with you.