Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In desparation to hang on to summer, I put in another little garden today.  I found a shop that had 90% off their annuals so I bought a bunch of them and some pumpkins.  I went to the thrift store and got a few autumn outside decorations to add and now I'm on the lookout for some Casper the friendly ghost lights to put out there.  Owen and Hali both like Casper.

I had a good day went to DePere and had brunch, then went to a few shops and spent some time in the park down by the water.  I used to go around like that with my sisters but they have stopped so I go myself now.  It's still a lot of fun for me, but not quite as much as when they were along.

After I got home is when I worked in the yard.  I added sand to the sandbox and painted the push/pull car a pretty green.  Filled the bird feeders...still have robins, cardinals, blue jays, sparrows, finches, mourning doves, chickadees, and cow birds.  A couple rabbits were watching me and the squirrel family was sitting near by.  And of course the chippies play their little game of who can come the closest to me.  When I was finished, I saw in the sky the canadian geese practicing their V formation.  They are up higher now and making wider circles.  Pretty soon it will be their time to go, but for now they are still here.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this entry.  It's so heartfelt and I can just visualize all that you saw and did.

Personally, I love the honkers and each year they hang out in the parking lot by work.  I will have to remember to get some pics or a video of them.

Deb

Anonymous said...

I did the De Pere thing on a smaller scale on Wednesday, my main destination being "For the Birds" to get a new sunflower seed feeder, then over to bread store for a muffin and coffee.