Tuesday, November 6, 2007

OLD SCHOOL DESK


We learned to read and write
And we learned to spell
At the old school desk
With a hole for the inkwell.
We scratched out our initials
To say that we were there,
But it's been so long now,
No one would really care.

Funny thing memory - I often think of something that
actually took place when I was a kid and it seems like last month - what is more amazing I want to talk about it
with my daughter or son and I am taken up short
realizing they were not there - it is so hard to take in
that they do not share the same stories and history
that float in my head.

 

I will dig up the Cannas soon...and maybe even clean the garage

so I can fit my very old car in it when the weather is too cold

 and snowy for it to be outside.  Tomorrow I will take Owen

to the dentist, he needs caps, last time he had a tooth pulled

 and a spacer put in.  He does very well with the dentist. 

The dentist office has two computers for the kids when

they are waiting and in 'the chair' there is a tv on the ceiling

that plays kid videos.  I stay with him and he whispers to me

to make sure I am still there.  My sweet boy.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the memories I remember it well.... I always think my kids know all I know and went through it all too.  Hope Owen is ok at the dentist tomorrow.... nice he has you ..... remember when we went alone or with each other...... scarry
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Cute poem. Hope things goes well at the dentist. Helen