Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Spring Bulbs are blooming..

inside, of course, this is Wisconsin.  We had some more snow overnight again so our playing outside today consisted of shoveling but it was in the 20's this time so it seemed warm.  Tried something new for supper tonight, pizza rolls, sausage.  I remember having them at my cousin's house in Chicago about 45 years ago and I happened to notice them in the freezer section so thought I take a package home.  They were okay but not as good as the ones from a long time ago.  Of course, it could have been the excitement of traveling and being with family that made them so delicious back then.  The picture is my Paper Whites starting to bloom.  My Mom liked Paper Whites and even made her own yellow dish to plant them in at a ceramics class.  They are well scented so it's a good idea to have only two or three in bloom at a time.  Kids are gone to see their Mom tonight but will be back early morning.  I hope Hali is well enough to go skating and I hope the ice doesn't melt.  Poor Anakin is waiting at the back door.  I think she waits for Owen to come back.  She watches over him and has since he was a wee baby boy.  She runs from Hali the big tease. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look so pretty and the color of the wall goes so pretty with them too. I got a pretty pot of flowers today at shopko.... if I want them to smell nice I will have to use some perfume  ~they do look cheery on the table though and Leo even said how much he likes them.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

WOW, how pretty! Just lovely!

Deb