Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Was a good couple days even with the cold weather.  Baked some really good blueberry muffins today.  I guess I'm in a muffin mood.  They go so good with tea and Dan and the kids eat them so fast I have to bake and hide :-).  Brought a car load of clothes, books, toys to Salvation Army Thrift Store today and then went across town to the 'Boutique' and got some computer games for Owen and for me, Kindergarten reading and Monopoly are a couple of the titles.  Got two real marked up old used cook books too.  I love reading them.  Also I got a VCR of the play Cats...how lucky is that.  I've never seen it but it's the original version with all that wonderful music.  I got a couple cute outfits for each of the kids too.  I guess that's about it.  They had a nice planter there that I almost got but didn't feel in the mood for it.  I know I'll be sorry come summer that I didn't get it as it was really great.  Stocked up on birdseed and squirrel peanuts.  Wonder what to feed the rabbits.  I never had them before as there were always cats outside that kept them away.  I see them at night under the bird feeders and in the day running out from under the Christmas tree that I put in the yard.  The Cooper's Hawk was here very late today and she looked like she was having a problem flying.  I hope she's okay and the cold isn't too bad for her and her family.  Watched a little TV while I was spinning tonight...such a stupid show about lie dectector testing, the remote was across the room so I was stuck LOL.  Don't have to have surgery, my tumor was benign...I'm very grateful.  The weather bug says it's only 3 degrees and the time says 10 pm.  Going to go watch a movie or read for a while.  I can tell I'm tired, I'm talking too much

.

Looking out my upstairs window.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you had a very busy day. You can buy rabbit food but might have to look in a pet store or farm store for it. I hope they make it in that cold weather. That snow is beautiful. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have been busy..... I was lazy today. Maybe tomorrow I will get out and about... we put a big bag of clothes and blankets to the curb for someone to pick up but they never showed up.... I guess I will put it in the St V bin Sunday when I go to church. they left a note saying they would be in our neighborhood the 22. last time they showed up late  but this time it was a no show. Rabits around here eat the bird seed that falls and especially the corn
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Your snow pics are awesome! Just so pretty. I can imagine how great the muffins were. A cold day, a home smelling of warm muffins. Just wonderful!

Deb

Anonymous said...

That's a relief!  Benign is a sweet word.  I'm happy for you.  Now we can get back to the dental issue.  I'm to the point where I would let them pull all my teeth, and I would gladly walk around with my lips sucked in.  I thought the lie detector show was stupid too, but had to check it out.  Tom was gone to a confirmation meeting with Greg last night, and I was home alone for a rare evening.  I stopped at Good Will in Appleton today but wasn't as lucky as you.  No decent puzzles or treasures.  I did get a new winter jacket at Kohl's tho, for half price.