Monday, November 20, 2006

An Interesting Day

I like to have different Christmas trees every year since my children are grown and gone.  Before that it was always the tradition of the same decorations which I also loved but it is a little sad without my children to discover them on the tree.  So now I sort of have themes.  It's always a little hard to come up with something.  This year, though, I'm going to use the four little trees I bought a few years ago.  I've used them before but not as my living room tree so I'll see if it works out.  I'm going to paint them first...the big one will be black, the next will be silver, the next gold, and maybe the little one will be blue or pink, not sure yet.  The biggest one will have all white decorations.  I looked around for some today and they are not easy to find. not at the treasure stores or at the seasonal places.  I don't even know if fake trees will take a spray paint.  It should be a learning experience.  I did find a white angel that I'm going to use.  I'm looking forward to Christmas cleaning the living room so I can get started on my new project.  Hope whoever stops by is also having fun preparing for Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting way to do your Christmas trees. Good luck with the spray painting. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh darn! I was hoping to see them as it sounded like such a fun and pretty idea. I read an article somewhere that black trees are all the rage this year. I'll keep you in mind if I come across any white ornaments while thrifting.

Anonymous said...

This is another great idea.  I can visualize the black tree with white ornaments....very classy.  I'll watch for some white ornaments at auctions.  After seeing your outdoor decorations, I put some gingerbread and gumdrop ornaments on my lilac bush!   Well, I didn't have enough and I stepped on one, but they're still cute.  Angel

Anonymous said...

I'll bet your lilac bush looks great.  Things like that always make me smile.

Anonymous said...

Hi ! I just wanted to come by and tell you what a wonderful journal you have. I have also gotten into the spirit of Christmas these last couple of days. I really find your entries beautiful and inspiring and magical. I enjoyed coming to read some of your entries. I will have the read the rest of your entries later. Thanks for sharing your journal. Take care and I hope you have a great great Christmas. Byyyyyyye !!!!!!!!!!