Friday, May 4, 2007

Rhubarb Upside Down Cake

Here's the recipe from my sister Joan

5 cups chopped fresh rhubarb

1 cup white sugar

3 cups miniature marshmallows

1 package strawberry flavored gelatin (3 ounce package)

1 package yellow cake mix (18.25 ounce)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.

In a large bowl, stir together the rhubarb, sugar, marshmallows and dry strawberry flavored gelatin.  Pour into the bottom of the prepared pan, and distribute evenly.  Mix cake batter according to package directions; pour over the ingredients n the pan.

Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Run a knife around the outer edge of the cake to loosen; turn out onto a large serving plate while still hot. (I used another 9 x 13 inch pan}.  Allow the cake to cool before serving.  (I added whipped cream/ice cream)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious. I have never eaten anything with rhubarb in it. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh I bet that is tasty!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!! A Rhubarb Upside Down Cake ?????? I can't imagine. I have never tasted Rhubarb but I have seen it. Rhubarb in a cake ???? Hmmmm.....now that is something new for me.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I have never tried rhubarb but the end result you show looks awfully good!!!!

Deb