Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Home Day

The picture is of the cookies I made today, recipe to follow, sorry not sugar free.  I stayed home and did a couple projects today.  I finished one scarf and made a little sweatshirt for each of my grandchildren...well I didn't sew them, I added pictures to them and words, etc.  I put one of the pictures upside down, I wonder if I can get away with saying that I meant to do that.  Now I just have to finish up the wash, one dryer load left.  As far as the weather, it was a pleasant and sunny day so I did a couple outside things to make the yard look better.  I am enjoying my indoor decorations very much.  I even added a bouquet of evergreens for the scent.  My cats are circling my chair wondering why I haven't taken a nap today.  I have my aerobic exercise up to ten minutes before my heart rate starts to climb.  Doesn't sound like much but it was at two minutes for over a month.  Celestial Seasonings sure has some delicious teas, and I'm going to go have myself a cup right now.  Have a good evening everyone that stops by.

Here's the recipe:

Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies

Makes 5 1/2 dozen

1 pouch sugar cookie mix

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 egg

3 tablespoons flour

1/3 cup raspberry jam

1 cup vanilla baking chips

red or green sugar to make them a little more festive

Heat oven to 375F.  In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until soft dough forms.

Roll dough into 3/4 inch balls, place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Using thumb (or the handle of a wooden spoon), make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon jam into each indentation.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.  Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

In a small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips on high 1 to 2 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.  Spoon melted chips into a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.  Squeeze bag gently to drizzle melted chips over the cookies.

Sprinkle with colored sugar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, you have been busy today. Wish I could have some of those cookies. Sigh! Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh my thumbprint cookies are so good.  You're look really yummy.

Sounds like you've been pretty darned busy. Enjoy your tea!  You are right, Celestial Seasonings has sooo many wonderful flavors.

You have a great day.

Deb

Anonymous said...

just say that the picture is that way so who ever its for can see it better.... I bet it went on perfect too. Today I mended a pair of Toms Jeans.... won't be doing that for awhile I guess.... Cookies look very good. Sandra

Anonymous said...

It was good to go through your pics, stories and recipes and get caught up on how you are doing. I would like to try these cookies, and I am sure Stephen would eat'em faster than I could bake them. =)

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Mia and Family ~

Anonymous said...

very good cookies mom!!