Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Busy Gardening

...not much time for journals.  If I get a chance before the rains come I'll get some pictures of what's in bloom.  Owen and Hali have been playing the the back yard in the pools most of the summer so far and are getting very tan.  Well Owen is anyway.  Hali is so light complected I try to keep her out of the sun.  Yesterday I took the kids to the Teddy Bear picnic at the library and they had a little parade too.  They have quite a few friends there now.  They are in the reading club and have finished all the requirements.  They give out prizes as they go along, little toys, passes to the Museum, Railroad Museum, Aquatic center and this week they got to pick out a book.  Well I have to get back outside and finish some of today's garden work.  The peas are all done, the scarlet runner beans are beginning to bloom as are the cucumbers.  No bugs on the potato plants so far and no wasps in the compost this year.  Grapes are little and green.  Very behind where they should be.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good thing you are doing by putting Owen and Hali in the reading club. That is so important.

I hope you do have a minute to take some pics. I love looking at your garden. Always something new to look at. :-)

Deb

Anonymous said...

That is good that they are in the reading program. I have been wanting to get my kids involved in the Library reading program through the summer, but we have been busy this summer moving and everything, so they didn't get to join.

Cathy