Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's been a wonderful summer so far.  Just enough rain and warm and sunshine to leave plenty of time to play outside.  Vegetables are growing very well.  Morning Glories got eaten by the baby rabbits this year.  I am glad I could provide a nice treat for them.  I have taken down my stick arbor as it's outlived it's life span.  I'm looking for something else to put there but haven't come across anything I like.  The kiddie pools are there temporarily.  I learned a new trick, if you spray vinegar around where you are the bugs don't come.  It's been working so far.  I picked a nice bowl of peas the other day and they were very good both fresh and cooked.  I got a new charcoal grill but haven't used it yet.  I'm really not much of a cook I guess.  It's a nice decoration though.  I planted a peach tree a couple days ago, so maybe someday I'll have my own peaches.  Now I have grapes, apples and peaches.  I would like a pear tree yet but I don't know if you need two of them for the pears to grow.  I'm continuing to clean out the nooks and crannies of this house and today I brought two large containers to the thrift store to share with others.  I can't believe how full you can stuff a wardrobe with odds and ends.  I found a dozen board games and the kids and I have been playing some of them.  They especially like Candyland.  Right now in the backyard there are squirrels, chipmonks, rabbits, mourning doves, cardinals, red winged blackbirds, golden finches, house finches, robins, sparrows, and blue jays.   God is putting on quite a show for me as I look out my computer window.  Went shopping with Jenny today (daughter) and out for a snack.  Chai Tea and muffins.  Just finished the book The Secret Life of Bees.  It was fun to read.  Does anyone have a recommendation for another easy to read summer story?  Well, enough chatter, have a great evening.  Don't you love the time between day and night...it's my favorite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics. I would love to have a peach and plum tree in my yard. We just moved over here, so right now, all we have is a dust/muddy land. It is so muddy when it rains, and when it is not raining it is dusty. Maybe next year, I can plant some things.

Anonymous said...

I bet there aren't many other back yards in town that have as much to offer as yours does.  I just love to eat peas in the garden.  I just finished My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult, which I think you have already read.  Great book.  Now am reading a Risk Worth Taking by Robin Pilcher, which is a fast read and interesting.  The clinic nurse also recommended The Pact by Jodi Piccoult and anything by Robert Parker.  

Anonymous said...

How fabulous.  I bet your backyard is the best place in the world to hang out.  It sounds just wonderful!

The pics are great and the kiddos are getting so big!!!!!


You have  a great day, my friend

deb