Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hali came along to library day yesterday and she was very impressed with all the children there.  She didn't stop smiling at all.  It was Froggy story day and they each had their pictures taken with the frog.  We had a picnic after on a blanket in the library yard.  By then it was nap time and then they were supposed to leave but they didn't.  They stayed overnight and left this morning at 9 am.  They were both up about 0530 playing and having a great time.  After they left I spent most of the day outside...although not working in the yard.  I did fill the feeders so that was something.  Last evening when we were outside Owen noticed the little girl across the street so I said he could go there.  He took his bubbles along and they had fun together.  I got a new bread recipe from my sister and I made it this evening.  It's delicious and also a lite bread.  I have made it in preparation for my fresh tomatoes I'm going to get at farmer's market on Saturday...I also want peas, corn and raspberries.  I'll probably get some farm eggs too.

Here's the bread recipe...it's for a bread machine:

HIGH PROTEIN DIET BREAD

A high fiber, protein complimented bread developed at Cornell University.

1 ½ t. yeast
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
1 1/4 cup bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup soy flour
2 T. wheat germ
½ t. salt
1 T. vegetable oil
1 T. honey (Use the spoon you used for the oil, and the honey won't stick to the spoon!)
1 cup water

Cook on white bread cycle

and here's the recipe for how to eat a fresh tomato...

Grill or toast a slice of country bread, coat lightly with olive oil and rub a peeled clove of garlic over the bread. Cut a ripe tomato in half horizontally and rub one half of the tomato into the bread until the tomato flesh is thoroughly massaged into the bread. Top with basil.
(looks like I'll have to get some fresh Basil too)

Above are pictures of the Grands from yesterday and today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so cute... and I can almost taste those tomato sandwiches... they sound good. I think I will try to get to the farmers market too this Sat.
sandra

Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds good. I'm going to send it to a neighbor who has a bread machine.

I love libraries and it's so good to see the kiddos enjoying their time there. When I was growing up we used to have family outings to the huge main library in Miami. It's one of the best memories I have.

Deb

Anonymous said...

How fun, story time at the library...
I've been having tomatoes every night this week from my garden, mmmm
Enjoy your trip to the farmer's market!
Linda :)