Saturday, July 21, 2007

this day

I finished up the yard work...well there's always something but it's finished for today.  It looks pretty good and it was quiet and peaceful for a couple hours of reading.  I finally have some buds coming on the flowers and I'm looking forward to finding out what they are going to be.  I also have one red rose caught between the Chocolate Joe Pye Weed.  The Sweet Autumn Clematis is almost in bloom.  I guess that means we're coming into August.  Tomorrow I'm going to water with the feed stuff.  The Morning Glories are not doing well and something is eating the leaves, that never happened before.  I'm having a little problem digging down far enough with the vines I want to move...I usually know the name but I am having another Mature Moment...the flowers are orange/red and look sort of like tubes of lipstick.  Going to read for an hour and then lights out.  I think my book is called Back To Earth.  It's a 7 day library book and pretty good.  Tuesday story time is a teddy bear picnic.  We are to bring our favorite teddy bear and a blanket...I think I'll take Hali too this time.  I have a home made Grams Bear that needs an outing hahahaha.  I'm such a kid!  72 and sunny again today...we sure are having a spectacular summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a peaceful day you had.....
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I know there is another name but I call mine a humming bird vine..... I have a granny bear too that Mom made... did Mom make yours too or were you too young yet to even think of being a granny? :)  wish I would be able to stop reading long enough to get my garden cleaned up.... good for you and I bet you feel great now that its done too. Sandra