Saturday, August 25, 2007

Container Plants for Autumn

I went searching but didn't find any.  Just perennials and bushes and mums...I don't like mums unless they are growing wild in someone's garden.  The ones nowadays are too manufactured.  When I was at Green Bay Nursery they had a couple piles of mulch, top soil and cocoa beans with broken bags that were selling for a dollar each.  I was too lazy to load up the car or I would have taken some.  They also have their tent sale going on right now.  At Schroeder's they have the plants I want but already planted in their containers and I have my own.  I noticed the red bench is moved to a different spot and covered with fake flowers.  It's on sale for 30% off today.  Anybody know any place in or near Green Bay that has annuals I could put in my big barrel planter?

The cats say it's nap time and then yard work I guess.  What a great day...the rain went away yippee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mums just don't last long enough... I threw the mums with the pots and all into the backyard last year and am wondering if they will show any sign of life again...
Enjoy your nap!
Linda :)