Thursday, August 30, 2007

sunny day

Twenty or so years ago when I lived in another house there was the sweetest little boy that lived across the street from me.  He used to play in the yard all the time.  Today that sweet little boy came to visit me and told me he has good memories of that time.  He's all grown up now and about to be married.  I was thrilled that he stopped by.

On free cycle a woman said she had perennials to give away so I emailed her and she said I could have some of them  She lives in DePere and I went there and picked them up.  Her yard is beautiful with so many flowers and garden structures.  I got some herbs, purple cone flowers and I forgot the names of the other ones that she dug out for me when I was there.  She used her bare feet to do the digging...said she was a farm girl.

I also stopped at a few places as long as I was in DePere.  Went to the thrift store, it was loaded with decorations for Halloween but too early for me to get any.  I did get a pretty lavender sweatshirt to match my lavender shoes.  I think lavender is the up and coming color because there is such a little bit of it and it's hard to find.

I got some wonderful nectarines at farmer's market, sweet and juicy, and a few odds and ends at Shopko.  They were having a 70 percent off sale.  Quite difficult to get around in DePere as there is a new bridge being built and a lot of road construction.  I had fun going on the new double round about...a lot like a carnival ride LOL. 

I just planted the new plants and watered the new grass this evening and that was my day.  I'll be 67 tomorrow.  I'll miss being 66 cause it was fun to say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday !  hope its a wonderful day

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

What a great day you had. It sounds like so much fun and especially having the boy come to visit all grown in to a man. :-)

Happy Birthday, my friend,

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good weekend. Helen