Thursday, February 14, 2008

This and that

Had some complications so my tooth pulling episode is changed to Monday afternoon.  We're getting lots of snow but even so the buds are coming on the Magnolia trees right on schedule and the evergreens including the latest ones are still very green.  I also enjoy the red bark dogwood, it adds much color to the backyard.  Grandkids aren't sick anymore and I'm just hanging on to a cough.  I take a spoon of honey when I go to bed and it sooths my throat so I don't cough long enough to get to sleep for a while.  I've been doing a lot of spinning wool and a lot of reading.  I was disappointed to find out I didn't like the thick book that I got at the library.  We had a pleasant valentine's day and now looking forward to what comes next.  I guess that's St. Patrick's day...with a little cherry pie delight for President's day in between.   I am having a hard time getting through winter as it seems it will never end.  I am always so cold except when I'm shoveling the snow which seems like most of the time as we have gotten so much of it this year.  Lots of Chickadee's in the yard today along with the Mourning Doves.  Filling the feeders and water bath at least once a day.  Hali is sleeping and Owen is almost asleep on the davenport.  He won't go upstairs until I do so I guess it's off to bed.  Goodnight and sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your entry reminded me of making a cherry cheesecake for George Washington's birthday; my mom used to always do that when we were growing up.

I lived in Montana for 8 years (recently came back home to Southern California area 1.5 years ago). I remember getting cold in October and not thawing out until June despite bundled clothes, extra blankets on the bed etc. Winters did seem long a lot of time; I did like shoveling snow.

take care, I put your journal on alerts, I'll be back

betty