Monday, February 5, 2007

Brrrrrrrr

There are probably more than one hundred Mourning Doves in the yard these last few unbearably cold days.  The squirrels are still scampering about and there are a couple sparrows and finches, but the Cardinals haven't been around for several days.  It's sunny again but again below zero.  Today they closed the city schools because of the cold temperatures and the 30 below wind chill factor.  No relief in site as they said the cold will continue throughout the week, but maybe a high of 7 by Friday.  My car hasn't started for a few days now and I'm going to wait to get it jump started until this cold spell is over...hopefully by next weekend.  I don't have any appointments this week except for WW on Tuesday but I can skip that without a problem.  Just so this cold doesn't make me gain any of the 25 pounds back that I lost.  Now that I bake my own bread I won't run out of that and I have powdered milk for my cereal when I run out of the fresh stuff.  I always have more than enough cat food for emergencies.  I have the newspaper delivered and the mailman will take any mail that I need to send.  I even have a big supply of bottled water. The only bother is I sometimes have a little problem with the garage door closing when I put in the food for Ann Frank. Her heater is working fine though.  I hate winter!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate most of winter too but it gives me an excuse for not doing some things and to lay around a bit more in my robe, lol  Sandra