Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Skylark

Skylark, have you anything to say to me?
Can you tell me where my love may be?
Is there a meadow in the mist
where someone's waiting to be kissed?

Skylark, have you seen a valley green with spring
where my heart can go a journeying
over the shadows and the rain
to a blossom covered lane?

And in your lonely flight have you heard the music?
In the night, wonderful music.
Faint as a will-o'-the-wisp, crazy as a loon,
sad as a gypsy serenading the moon.

Oh, skylark, I don't know
if you can find these things,
but my heart, is riding on your wings.
So if you see them anywhere
won't you lead me there?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good poem. Helen

Anonymous said...

It's neat the way you put the lyrics of songs on here.  I love reading them.  

Anonymous said...

Remember it well!
Aileen...X (UK)