Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blizzard

The blizzard that has been predicted has started.  It's that  snow that comes down sideways and takes your breath away if you have to be out in it.  All the birds took off about half an hour ago so I knew it was going to start soon.  I checked my Magnolia tree and all the buds are still on it and okay but I don't hold out too much hope for the buds making it through this blizzard.  I will know by tomorrow as that's when it is supposed to stop.  I've put the car in the garage and battened down the hatches.  I'm baking bread, always comforting, and I have plenty to read.  I am safe and warm so far.  I'm lucky I had the new furnace installed last week.  I hope everyone else is safe and warm too...if not, come on by I have plenty of room and warm tea brewing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything green got killed here by the cold weather over the weekend. I hope you will be ok during this blizzard. Helen

Anonymous said...

Its the pits but I guess there is nothing we can do but enjoy.... we sure know by now how to live through this weather. I keep dreaming of spring. :>)
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the plants but your circumstances sure do sound inviting.  To curl up with a good book while it snows sounds like heaven to me.