Saturday, April 28, 2007

A little gardening

Finally got some yard work done.  It rained yesterday so I planted my Arbor Day tree today, it's a really, really tiny white pine.  I put a tomato cage around it so I remember it's there.  Also picked up all the bark and twigs from the big old trees and put them at the curb.  Maybe later I'll get a couple pictures.  I could have worked all day but have to go to a bridal shower this afternoon.  I am bringing a 24 pack of full spices and a carrier or holder or whatever.  I like to bring cooking things for bridal showers as it so fascinates me that people still cook.  I'm resting, these old bones get tired...then a shower and I'm ready to go.  Owen asked me if I would take him fishing today and I said no I have to go to a shower.  He told his Dad that I said I had to take a shower and that was a poor excuse.  Owen is such a dork.  I got his sisters Ann Magnolia planted and the flowers are shaped like butterflies but so far the buds are a deep pink/red color. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I planted a few things today too. not a tree but 2 bushes so that should count and 2 more honeysuckle vines. Hope your having a good time at the shower and they have a nice lunch too :>)
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy going to the shower. LOL on Owen and the shower. I bet that Ann Magnolia is pretty. Helen