Monday, April 23, 2007

This is Owen's tree, a white Magnolia, in bloom after a long cold winter.  I have a light pink one ordered for Hali to plant next to it.  She will be a year old at the end of May.  Owen and his tree are both three.

Owen stayed all weekend until Sunday night.  We spent most of the time outside, even had our first picnic.  The weather was beautiful.  He'll be back on Tuesday to go to story time at the library with me. 

Here's Owen spreading his arms like the wings of an eagle.  He sees these bald eagles when he goes up north with his family and he likes to watch them soar and he tells me about it. 

We also made strawberry/rhubarb ice cream with the rhubarb from the garden; boiled down the last of the Maple sap for syrup for pancake and sausage breakfast; and mashed strawberries for ice cream topping.  Played outside a lot too.  Star Wars, Pirates, Stone School, Tag Your It, Frisbee, Soccer, and Kite Flying.  Owen went home a tired but happy boy and I took a long nap today.

Wednesday I'll start back up on the yard work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. The tree is gorgeous and doing very well. That suits Owen. He seems to be flourishing as much as the tree is.  It will be fun to see the new tree for Hali and Owen's tree growing together.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!!! I so love reading your entries. That Magnolia sure is growing its beautiful. A light pink one will be just as beautiful. Owen is adorable he is going to be a heart breaker. That strawberry / rhubarb ice cream sounds mouthwatering I wish I could be there to taste it. I also wouldn't mind tasting that Maple syrup that you will have for breakfast. Thanks for sharing your news with us. Byyyye !!!!!!!