Sunday, March 25, 2007

Crocus

I'm filing my taxes and looked out the window and there in the feeder are Mama and Daddy Cardinal, a little group of House Finches and two pairs of Mourning Doves.  Over by the Pine tree there is a gathering of Sparrows busy building nests.  The squirrels are busy in the yard and scampering up and down the two story tree trunk playing tag.  Back by last years Christmas tree  in a little ground nest are a couple rabbits...maybe Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Peter.  Even Anne Frank is outside sleeping in the sun.  A nice warm breeze is coming in the window.  Oh, I just noticed another squirrel asleep on top of the Bluebird house.  I love my yard, wish I could pick it up and move it to the country.  I hope anyone that comes by is having a peaceful and pleasant Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful day.... just a bit of snow left in the back yard where we shoveled the patio snow. should be gone tonight. Many spring flowers are in bloom now ~ its amazing. little chickedees are making a nest in the new bird houses in the front yard... lovely day!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sounds very peaceful to me. We have had beautiful weather here the last few days. In the 80's. Hope you come out good on your taxes. Helen

Anonymous said...

I wish you could pick it up and move it to MY HOUSE!