Thursday, March 29, 2007

It's still Spring

Nice day, lots of green and growing things.  Neighbors took another of my fake Daffodils last night.  If I play my cards right I can decorate the whole neighborhood with fake flowers.  I've been trying to think of something that I can put on the stems so they will stain when handled...I can play tricks too LOL.

Test was normal, I would have been very surprised if it wasn't as I am a dairy eater from birth.

Furnace will be installed tomorrow barring anything unforseen.

Looks like rain.  I have the windows open isn't that something.  Seems like a minute ago it was below zero around here.

Wading

Too frail to swim, she nonetheless
Gingerly lifts her cotton dress
Clear of the lake, so she can wade
Where the descending sun has laid
A net of rippling, molten bands
Across the underwater sands.

Her toes dig, curling, in the cool
And fine-grained bottom; minnows school
Before her, tautly unified
In their suspended flash -and-glide;
Blue-brilliantly, a dragonfly
Encounters and skims round her thigh.

Despite age, all this still occurs.
The sun's companionably hers.
Its warmth suffusing blood and flesh,
While its light casts the mobile mesh
Whose glowing cords she swam among
In summertime when she was young.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My flowers are blooming too.... so beautiful and it never fails to amaze me that they do that year after year after -0 temps. Glad the test was ok. Sandra
Ps... I think you should put something on the stems. lol

Anonymous said...

you should put them in a thing with red food coloring on them.  just an idea *L*

Anonymous said...

Love the poem.  Last night we took Nick to swimming lessons and I thought how good it must feel to be in the warm water.   If we go to the cottage this summer, I think I will take off my shoes and wade around a bit.  

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!!! Everything is blooming here in Georgia but the pollen is littering itself everywhere but I am getting used to it. I enjoyed the poem I will be adding it to my handwritten journal so I can enjoy it at my leisure so thanks for sharing it. I shall return !!!!!!!!!