Friday, June 1, 2007

I have a screened porch that my cats like to sleep on in the warm weather and I enjoy having my meals out there and reading and swinging in the hammock swing too.  Lately one of the baby birds (they have left the nest but aren't quite flying yet) likes to jump up the steps and visit the cats.  Cats on the inside of the screen and baby bird on the outside of the screen.  My three cats go up close with that sly cat stance and baby bird on the outside rests his little body by his new 'friends' and goes to sleep.  Mama and Papa bird are up in the tree scolding baby bird but he keeps doing this anyway.  Each time he gets fed he hops up on the steps and goes to sleep next to the cats.  Well this afternoon when I went out to have my lunch on the porch there they all were...cats and bird sound asleep.  I would have taken a picture but I didn't want to frighten the bird.  It was the cutest thing.  Peace to everyone and have a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg that is the cutest thing i have heard in a long time

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sweet. Helen

Anonymous said...

how cute....nature is such a wonderful thing if we just watch and be  quiet. The bunnies have been friendly with us lately. we sit on the porch and watch them nibble on the grass and flowers. Leo even scolded it the other day but he didn't seem to care at all.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!! I wish I could visit you on that screened porch it sounds lovely. I would like to be out there visiting you on that hammock......I love hammock's. I wish I could be there. Thanks for sharing your life with us. Do take care and I shall return.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is too cute!
Linda :)