Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Solstice

 Pictured is Jenny's new haircut
 
 
So was I once myself a swinger of birches
 And so I dream of going back to be.
 It's when I'm weary of considerations,
 And life is too much like a pathless wood
 Where your face burns and tickles with the cobwebs
 Broken across it, and one eye is weeping
 From a twig's having lashed across it open.
 I'd like to get away from earth awhile
 And then come back to it and begin over.
 May no fate willfully misunderstand me
 And half grant what I wish and snatch me away
 Not to return. Earth's the right place for love:
 I don't know where it's likely to go better.
 I'd like to go by climbing a birch tree,
 And climb black branches up a snow-white trunk
 Toward heaven, till the tree could bear no more,
 But dipped its top and set me down again.
 That would be good both going and coming back.
 One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.
This partial poem is called Birches by Robert Frost

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are just lovely and the kiddos are as cute as ever!!!!!! Jenny's haircut looks really nice. I'm hoping I can keep my hair just growing to get it long enough to cut it all one length.

Thanks for sharing the fabulous pics

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love that cut on Jenny. She looks so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!! I like Jenny's new haircut its beautiful. I too am a reader of Robert Frost. I am right now a very huge reader of R. Brimm of Chosen Words. Thanks for sharing this. Take care.