Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mourning Doves

I noticed the Mourning Doves were having a hard time finding food on the ground with the snow cover.  I guess they must be mostly babies and this is their first year with snow.  I put together this flat wooden feeder for them and they sure came flocking.  They were so nice to each other too.  One group would be on the feeder and the next group would be waiting on the clothes pole and another group waiting on the Morning Glory Arbor.  When the group on the feeder got full they would fly off or over to the water and the group on the pole would land on the feeder...and so on.  I had to fill the feeder twice.  There are two Mourning Doves sleeping on the feeder now but the rest have left.  Still plenty of seed for morning. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that you fed the doves. Good for you. Good picture. Helen

Anonymous said...

How sweet.  I am sure they appreciated the food. So good to know someone is looking out for them

Deb