Sunday, January 21, 2007

snow

Just finished shoveling and filling the feeders...now back to my book The Lovely Bones.  It's so different that's it's hard to put down.  My son Dan bought me some garden seeds today...Morning Glories, Zinnias, Marigolds, Peas, Beans, Sunflowers, carrots and tomatoes.  He knows how to cheer me up.  He got me some fresh soil too so I can start some of the seeds indoors.  I have received 7 gardening catalogs so far and have only had the time to look at 2 of them.  I circled what I want and will double check to make sure before I order anything.  I found three nice big buckets at the thrift store that I plan to plant some anuuals in.  I was thinking the new varieties of petunias.  Maybe Pansies too.  I want to put them by the side door next to my bench or by the front stoop.  Of course the front has more sun, so maybe that will be better for this type of flower.  CC just jumped onto the scanner next to me and is making those blinky eyes and purring...must be nap time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at gardening catalogs will sure make you wish for spring to hurry up and get here. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh I know you'll be so happy to get the seeds started and begin thinking about Spring.

Deb